AURA Voting Power Additions

Overview

Now that we’ve had a few votes utilizing our latest governance power methodology via AURA, I would like to hear from you regarding how we may redefine the scope and magnitude of AURA allocation for each of our tokens in our ecosystem so as to optimize our incentives and align them with governance authority.

Current Methodology

Proposals will be voted on, with AURA to decide the outcome. AURA is determined by:

• SOUL-FTM: 2 AURA (per underlying SOUL)

• ENCHANTED (SEANCE): 1 AURA

• Note: this is the SEANCE underlying the ENCHANT one has in their wallet.
    • Example
      • Rate: 2.5 SEANCE:ENCHANT
      • ENCHANT balance: 100
      • AURA Calc: 100 x 2.5 = 250 AURA
  • SOUL (balance): 1 AURA

Proposed Additions

Unsure how to find your AURA?
Visit FtmScan to query your power: here

PAIR PROPOSAL

SOUL PAIRS

SOUL-USDC

LINK

SOUL-fUSDT

LINK

SEANCE PAIRS

SEANCE-FTM

LINK

SEANCE-USDC

LINK

ENCHANT PAIRS

ENCHANT-FTM

LINK

ENCHANT-USDC

LINK

Feedback Requested

Please give us your thoughts and opinions, so we may proceed with introducing a proposal for changes we find most reasonable, if necessary.

Warm Regards,
0xBuns

I like it and I agree

But I think you should also add SOUL that’s in the Seance staking pool, I’ve written about this elsewhere here but to reiterate, I think it should merit 1 AURA per SOUL (could be 0.5 per SOUL to minimize doubly rewarding them) in that pool because you could have someone that puts all their SOUL in the seance staking pool, then all their SEANCE into circles and then that person gets no voting rights at all, which doesn’t seem fair. Although they are being rewarded by the protocol, so is everyone else, it’s just their way of working it and I would consider they were invested in the app - certainly as much as someone with SOUL just sitting in their wallet.

2 Likes